|Lengte over alles||15.42 m|
|Lengte bij waterlijn||13.31 m|
|Max diepgang||2.31 m|
|Grootzeil gebied||758 ft²|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||185 gelling|
For 2021 we have a totally new Contest 50CS. This size has always been the pumping heart of Contest Yachts, with each model over the years most popular for the perfect balance of sailing ease, performance and onboard comforts. Two super suites and a third cabin option, yet still a yacht that can be sailed single-handed. A yacht for all occasions, crossing oceans or leisurely lunching in an idyllic bay. And this new design from judel/vrolijk opens even more opportunity.
Fair to say, the new Contest 50CS resets the yard’s own gold standard at this length. How so? The advanced hull form optimises each of the three most key modern targets: performance up and down wind, stability for low angles of heel, and huge accommodation. This is all achieved in the most sea-safe and comfortable manner expected of a Contest, and with deck and cabin plans introducing for the first time at this size so much more of our larger yacht thinking. It is the perfect balance and looking to sustainability is offered with the option of electric propulsion, integrated photovoltaic solar panels and an alternative synthetic teak-style decking.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owner's choice.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with gelcoat finish and aluminium teak covered deck hatches.
- 12mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit floor and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Large cockpit, suitable for six people with helmsman's position.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman's position.
- Two alcoves for storage of sheets and other small deck gear.
- Pad eyes for safety harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Mast, Rigging and Sails
- Selden spars, keel stepped, sloop rigged with silver anodised finish.
- Swept back spreaders.
- Slab reefing system.
- Reefing lines led aft to the cockpit.
- Selden MDS Car system.
- LED navigation lights.
- Masthead light 3-colours with anchor light.
- Deck light.
- Boom light.
- Windex in mast top.
- Standing rigging: Dyform rigging.
- Backstay tensioner.
- Genoa furling system.
- Main sheet 12mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Genoa sheets 14mm, winches situated within reach of the helmsman.
- Mainsail, fully battened, slab reefing by North Sails.
- Lazy jacks and main sail cover.
- Furling genoa by North Sails.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded headbord in aft cabin.
- Diagonally sliding saloon table for easy access for comfortable lounging and dining.
- Two ottomans for occasional seating with release fitting for easy stowage while sailing.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Quality upholstery, colour to owner's choice.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- Red navigation light above chart table.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- Trotter box in wet locker for extra berth.
- Wet locker with drainage for stowage of foul weather gear.
- Transparent chart holder on top of sliding companionway hatch.
- 36-set (6 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery.
- 24-set (6 persons) of drinking glasses and bottle stowage in bar.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Garbage bin under companionway stairs.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from side passage.
- Yanmar 4JH4-HTE 81kW (110hp) 3200 rpm 4 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- KM4A2G mechanical gearbox with 2,63:1 reduction.
- Separate main switch to enable service batteries to be used as starter battery.
- Single lever gears throttle control on steering pedestal.
- Engine panel fitted in cockpit including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature- and charge alarm, start and stop buttons.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock and water separator.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft with thrust bearing and flexible coupling.
- Stern tube with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- V-bracket propeller shaft.
- Three bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
- Service batteries 170 Ah | 24 VDC
- Start battery engine 50 Ah | 12 VDC
- Battery charger start battery 10 A | 12 VDC
- Monitoring display batteries
- Alternator 80 A | 12 VDC start battery engine group
- Second alternator 75 A | 24 VDC service battery group
- 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
- - Shore power isolation transformer 3.5kW | 16 A
- - Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
- - Cable 25m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded.