|Locatie||Lymington, Hampshire, Groot-Britannië|
|Lengte over alles||16.99 m|
|Lengte bij waterlijn||13.64 m|
|Min. diepgang||2.21 m|
|Bouwer||Discovery Yachts Ltd.|
Benchmark bluewater cruising yacht from Ron Holland, the Discovery 55 is the yacht against which other bluewater cruising yachts are judged. In her original ownership, with a thoughtful cruising specification - including flush hatches, full inventory of spares and good communications, she has circumnavigated the globe, safely and in comfort with these owners. After 42,000 nautical miles, a refit was required and this has been completed. Work includes new standing rigging, new side linings, new radar, fully serviced systems and much more. She is very ready to go and comes with a current survey, which can be assigned to a new owner.
BriZo Refit – 2018/19
Preparation for BriZo’s sale started during the 2018 season, while lifted in Antigua. By re-launch she was already sporting a new mainsail and battens imported from Kemp UK. The refurbished windlass and new V5 Lewmar motor was dressed with 100m of fresh 10mm Aqua 4 galvanised chain. The watermaker had all new membranes fitted during its professional service. Pro-active maintenance included for a new cutlass/thrust bearing and servicing of the gori prop, genset and engine. Replacement of genset and engine batteries, upgraded starter cables. Exterior/interior varnishes inspected and refurbished as required.
In February 2018 we had arranged for an independent UK based Yacht surveyor, Jim Pritchard Ltd to conduct a full sales survey both on water and lifted to identify any additional works to be considered. The detailed survey that included, rig and gelcoat inspections and oil sample testing confirmed no serious defects but helpfully provided a number of recommendations. Scheduled to be completed when BriZo arrived as planned by ship at Berthon in Lymington in June 18. In addition all winches were stripped and serviced, all engine maintenance is up to-date or ahead of hours – ‘she is ready for her next ocean’.
The works recommended in the survey were primarily preventative maintenance and aesthetic in nature yet constituted a major re-fit as listed below.
Main Berthon Works 2018 into 2019:
- Mast un-stepped, rig inspected, replaced all standing rigging as per survey recommendation including forestays, and backstay, isolators and fittings. Tuned uppers horizontally, re-stepped and re-tuned.
- Replaced radar with new RD418HD 4kW 18” radar and cable, and refurbished bracket. (original had lost HD clarity)
- Replaced gooseneck pin.
- Fitted new steering component.
- Minor gel-coat repairs.
- Winterised engines when lifted.
- Cleaned Gori/shaft and replaced anodes.
- Replaced all internal door/cupboard mirrors (10) some had started to corrode.
- One cover repaired. (all inspected)
- Avon Tender cleaned, removed and shrink wrapped. (pictures available prior to wrap)
- Replaced ignition key plate.
- Refurbished interior headlining’s (outstanding warranty repair).
- Refurbished veneer base outside fwd. heads
- Completed recommended Discovery latent design defect to prevent moisture ingress at locker drain holes to surveyors recommendations.
- Re-furbish/service fridge/replace thermostat using approved installer.
- Re-furbish gas locker/cooker components using qualified engineer and re-issue gas certificate.
- Non-evasive teak clean.
- Waxed and polished topsides and superstructure.
- Antifouled with Micron.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
MCA Compliance: (potential for chartering) - Includes, metal through hull fittings in engine room, upgraded pipe work in engine room, upgraded stainless sea water chest, upgraded sea water strainers.
- Composite construction in Lloyds approved laminating facility with core providing exceptional stiffness and insulation. Laid up withvacuum technology for complete structural integrity.
- Vinylester resins are used throughout the hull for added strength and osmosis prevention.
- A Kevlar layer forward further enhances the impact strength of the hull.
- Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
- 2 layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
- 2 x coats of Micron Extra Navy anti-foul.
- Deep Blue hull - upgrade in gelcoat with two white gelcoat lower boot lines.
- Black window mullion surround in gelcoat incorporating double glazed toughened windows.
- Mast, Boom, kicker (vang), Pole - white powder coat.
- Air Draft: 77’1” / 23.52m
- Composite moulded GRP dual construction with core providing strength, thermal and acoustic insulation. The side decks drain through special scuppers to allow the option to collect rainwater to the stbd. tank.
- All load-bearing areas have marine-ply core and backing plates for added strength.
- Teak decks & capping rail.
- Joined to the hull with bonding paste and stainless bolts for strength.
- All bulkheads are laminated with epoxy paste into the deck for strength and stiffness.
Keel & Rudder:
- 9,500kgs (20,500lbs) shaped lead keel and a depth of 2.23m (7”3”) provides a ballast ratio of 42% providing maximum stability and comfort.
- 1060mm leather covered stainless wheel controlling a Lewmar Mamba, solid rod steering system, providing direct & positive steering - no weak areas as with wire or chain.
- A light and positive helm feel provided by semi-balanced and substantially kevlar reinforced half skeg rudder, to give control in all weather conditions. The rudder is designed with sacrificial lower part. Emergency tiller fits directly to the top via a stainless deck access plate.
Engine & Gearbox:
- 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-HTP 160hp diesel engine fresh water cooled and water separated exhaust for quiet running.
- ZF 2.7:1 reduction gearbox.
- Walk-in engine room with the very best sound insulation.
- Single stainless (upgarde) morse lever engine control at cockpit pedestal.
- Twin Racor (upgrade) pre-fuel filters for easy ‘live’ fast change and monitoring of fuel quality and moisture alarms.
- Winterised engines when lifted (2018).
- Professionally maintained with full service history and serviced to date.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Single steering pedestal with raised curved seat for good forward visibility and comfort.
- 24” Gori 3-blade folding propeller providing ‘overdrive option’ - for fuel efficiency under power or sail.
- 2018 season preventative maintenance included replacing thrust and cutlass bearings and new anodes.
- Maxpower 10Hp bow thruster; runs off domestic batteries.
- Shaft rope cutter.
- Oversized Auto-Pilot 24V Lewmar mamba drive (new 2017) connects to solid rod steering.
- Emergency steering tiller located under aft berth
- Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout. This reduces corrosion and provides longevity of all electrical systems.
- 230v sockets throughout.
- 12v socket fitted to navigation desk with discrete stowage for mobile phone charging.
- 12v socket on pedestal and at mast (useful for spot light). Well laid out master equipment panel, DC panel and AC panel.
- Handy remote Victron and Generator starting/monitoring.
- Water and fuel tank gauges.
- Efficient 24v (480 a.h.) Sonnenschein industrial house gel batteries (Equivalent to 960 amps at 12v, rated at 20C).
- 2 x 12V 60Ah Engine and generator Red Flash 1800 start batteries with built in ‘jump start’ system for backup starting or 12V charging reliability. Both replaced new Jan 2018.
- Battery charging via shore power, or on board 7kW generator (or engine).
- 230V/50Hz 3kw Victron Quattro 24V battery charger and inverter.
- US Battery charger (option added in case 110 60Hz shore power supplied) - Victron.
- 60 Amp 12v alternator for charging the engine start battery.
- 110 Amp 24v alternator for charging the main domestic batteries.
- Generator has its own 12V alternator for starter batteries.
- 7 kW Onan generator (29A output).
- The exhaust is fed to an HMI water separator, which eliminates almost all exhaust and cooling water noise.
- Additional sound insulation making this extremely quiet to run.
- 230v / 50Hz shore power to 32Amp.
- 32 Amp shore power cable with female socket, extension included.
- 16 Amp shore power cable adapter.
- Victron Isolation transformer (option) is a fitted to provide high level electrical safety on board and galvanic protection for electrical items when using shore power.
- 2 x 24V/12V droppers for 12V DC instrumentation and supplies.
- Saltwater pressurised deck & anchor wash.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water for sinks, showers and hot tub.
- Electric flush Toilets – (ability to switch to saltwater)
- 50 litre insulated calorifier with immersion (new immersion fitted for 2018 season)
- Carbon pre-filter on cold tap in galley.
- Pressurised sea water for deck wash, electric flush toilets and hot tub.
- Deck rain water collection system.
- Sink manual fresh water backup foot pump and switched for fridge water extraction.
- Seafresh (Cathelco) H206A watermaker (102L/hr); new membranes for 2018 season.
- Sail locker, lazarettes lockers and main bilge electrical option of automatic or manual modes.
- Manual hand bilge in cockpit.
- Analogue fuel and water tank gauge for quick and easy reference.
- Total capacity of 1,334 litres over three tanks with selection and fuel exchange ability. (range approximately 1400nm in overdrive)
- Total capacity of 1,008 litres in 2 x polyethylene tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- 2 tanks total approximately 120 litre blackwater holding tanks.
- 150L Greywater tank fitted – Option added for Mediterranean compliance.
- Gas locker to take 2 x 6kg propane bottles. (one new UK 2018), propane/butane regulator – All refurbished Aug 2019 and new Gas certificate re-issued
- Pressure indicator identifies available gas capacity.
- Gas supply feed and socket to aft-port SSteel removable gas BBQReplaced flexible gas pipes (2019) including internal cooker flexible hose
- Internal Gas alarm bilge sensor, auto and manual solenoid isolating gas locker.
- Raymarine touch screen E120 (nav. station) & E90 (Binnacle).
- ST70 instruments and ST7002 pilot to binnacle. Raymarine smart controller to helm at nav station inside.
- Backup Furuno GP32 GPS.
- Furuno Navtex NX300.
- Raymarine AIS 500 and independent powered VHF antenna splitter
- ICOM 505 VHF/DSC.
- ICOM 801E SSB/DSC.
- KVH Fleet track phone FB250 Broadband (excellent mail and weather).
- Long range WiFi extender, TV antenna.
- Aqua Media Yacht PC and Flat screen TV in Saloon (interconnected via Routers and Switch), NEMA sockets for additional equipment.
- Antenna mast in stainless . All communications are mounted to starboard aft side post.
- New 2019 RD418HD 4kW 18” radar and cable, and refurbished bracket. (original lost HD definition)
- Echopilot 2D sonar connected to the E series display at helm (excellent around coral or poor charted areas or just getting close to the beach!) New transducer (2018).
- Echomax - Electronic Radar reflector amplifier alarm (excellent for oceans).
- Vessel Tracker – Marine Track (hidden), linked to Dolphin Alarm system.
- Bosch full sized 230V/50Hz washer / dryer fitted in aft owners shower room, (50Hz mains or generator).
- Light, well ventilated, and practically designed, the galley is a pleasure to use, whether at sea or anchor.
- Inboard double sink for ease of draining. Additional recessed sink for securely stacking drying crockery.
- 300 litre (10.4 cubic feet) fridge new freezer plate, thermostat 2019.
- 170 litre freezer (6.0 cubic feet).
- Sea-water keel cooled heat exchangers that significantly reduce fridge/freezer power use.
- Both fridge and freezer are custom-designed, front opening, 24v and have superb insulation.
- GN Espace gimbaled, stainless steel gas cooker: 4 burners, grill, oven, harbour lock, stainless steel protection bar. (new flexible gas hose and inspection 2019 certificate)
- Electric solenoid gas safety shut-off valve and emergency bypass (new solenoid 2018 season).
- Cooker extractor fan/lights built into joinery.
- 230v microwave (runs off Inverter also).
- Corian upgraded work surface.
- Discovery waste chute design and waste bin.
- Foot-operated fresh water pump and switches to fridge drain.
- Adjustable Carframo comfort fan.
- Pressurised hot and cold water.
- Electric sump pump for shower and sink.
- GRP moulded units for easy cleaning.
- Seat in both showers, enclosed in separate area to keep heads dry.
- Corian surfaces option added.
- Hanging rail.
- 2 x Tecma electric (fresh water flush or option switch to salt ) toilet.
- Hot / cold freshwater shower on aft deck.
- Hot tub plumbing on deck, hot/cold and salt water options.
Heating & Ventilation:
- 3 x low profile dorades providing ventilation.
- Quiet electric engine room extraction fans.
- Eberspacher (Espar) Hydronic M10 diesel central heating in all cabins 3 zone controls.
- High quality Caframo fans throughout.
- Full Topical Air conditioning throughout (3 units) offers cooling, humidity control and excellent reverse heating!
- Kenwood Marine Radio, Bluetooth, stick music system with Cockpit and aft cabin remotes and 6 speakers.
- 2 x remote Kenwood controls in aft cabin and at binnacle.
- Water resistant speakers (replaced Nov. 2017)
- TV mounted saloon wall connected to Yacht PC.
- High quality side lamps and touch dimmable reading lights.
- Press dimming light system throughout galley and saloon areas.
- Low level LED mood lighting.
- Underwater LED Lights (blue) - great for attracting fish.
- Boom Lights for cockpit area and step light, BBQ light.
- Lopolight LED Navigation lights throughout.
- Mast has a 3 x 24v deck flood light (as good as daylight working).
- Automatic wardrobe lights.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Beautiful Ken Freivokh designed interior with curved interior saloon seating 6-8 and 'passage safe' access forward. Double forward and master cabins and twin bunk pullman cabin, excellent for storage, crew or children. Fwd and Aft heads and showers - all electric.
- All saloon windows are tinted toughened glass; and 2 of the forward windows are opening.
- New version continuous design saloon windows for a sleeker look.
- Retaining catches on floor hatches throughout - essential ocean safety feature yet fast access to underfloor storage.
- Major upgrade to all carpentry finishes using Bur Ash with a Walnut inlay.
- Concealed mosquito screens/blackout blinds built into hatches.
- Additional storage lockers in forward and aft cabins.
- Additional book shelves throughout in light oak to match.
- Wet locker built into convenient saloon hanging locker.
- Full length mirror added and recessed into aft cabin door.
- Modern Oceanair Skysol custom fit blinds throughout saloon, narrow Venetian blinds in cabins, galley.
- Replaced all internal door/cupboard mirrors (10) which suffered some corrosion (2018).
- Refurbished interior headlinings (outstanding warranty repair) (2018).
- Refurbished veneer base of heads stained by shower leak (2018).
- Light Oak, quarter sawn interior carpentry finishes
- 100mm Teak x 6mm Holly floor
- Clip out beige carpets in all sleeping cabins
- Stunning Bur Ash and Walnut inlay table top and Sideboard top (day berth) which is a custom upgrade.
- All cabin door are crown cut with Walnut inlay and quarter sawn cross banded trim which is a custom upgrade
- Saloon upholstery light beige leather (9 hides) and light blue piping – good condition
- Headboard forward Majilite Moccasin Frost J5N2 self-piped.
- Headboard aft Majilite Moccasin Parchment J5D5 self-piped.
- Galley surfaces in Avonite Cozumel K3-8575 (top Corian upgrade) in white/light blues.
- Both heads surfaces in Avonite Antique glass K3-8455 (top Corian upgrade) in Light blue/clear.
- Both head floors including shower areas in Avonite Cozumel K3-8575 (top Corian upgrade) in Light blue/white (as galley).
Description of layout from forwards:
Forward Guest Cabin:
- Double Naturalmat Airflow mattress in two parts.
- Central lee cloth.
- Air-Only dorade vent.
- Wardrobe, shelves and drawers.
- Opening overhead hatch recessed shade / mosquito sky screen and two portlights.
- 2 x generous berths with Naturalmat airflow mattresses.
- Lee cloths.
- Wardrobe, drawers and shelves.
- Two overhead hatches recessed shade / mosquito sky screen and portlight.
- Raised seating providing panoramic vision – leather upholstery throughout.
- Reduced width mullions to enhance the view.
- 2 x opening overhead hatches and two fwd opening windows providing excellent ventilation at anchor.
- Recessed flush overhead hatch with shade / mosquito sky screen.
- Highly durable, non-slip Amtico flooring, rubber mounted for sound insulation.
- Low level mood lighting.
- Forward facing raised navigation area providing panoramic vision with a large curved seat for maximum comfort.
- Red night lights.
- Ample cupboards and stowage.
- Low level mood lighting.
- King-size Naturalmat, pocket-sprung mattress in two parts.
- 3 x lee cloths (side and centreline).
- 2 x wardrobes, plus drawers and cupboards.
- En-suite heads.
- 1 x vanity desk.
- 1 x opening hatch, recess shade / mosquito sky screen 3 x opening portlights & 3 x fixed portlights.
- 2 x Air-only dorades.
- Low level mood lighting.
- Deep centre cockpit for safety and comfort.
- Deep sculptured seats for maximum comfort and safety.
- Substantial table with drinks holder, stainless steel handles, and central foot rail.
- Original hot tub (saltwater and fresh) version – a perfect way to relax.
- Vertical, sliding acrylic washboard for main companionway hatch - spring supported.
- Large drains to remove water quickly with steel grating to stop smaller items being lost.
- Convenient concealed cockpit hose down
- Teak grating added in aft cockpit.
- Electric in-mast furling which enables reefing at any point of sailing.
- Twin headsails (Solent Jib), perfect versatility for world cruising routes.
- The jib is self-tacking.
- Selden anodised aluminium mast and boom in white.
- Swept back spreaders, so no requirement for running back stays or check stays.
- Traveller track for mainsheet.
- Traveller track for self-tacking jib.
- Turning blocks.
- Emergency handle for in mast reefing.
- One genoa whisker pole in white (mast mounted).
- Mast un-stepped, rig inspected, replaced all standing rigging as per survey recommendation including forestays, and back stay, isolators and fittings. Tuned uppers horizontally, re-stepped and re-tuned (2019).
- Lewmar winches - all electric (except mast halyard winches), for easy handling (all serviced May 2018).
- 2 x 68 electric self-tailing primary winches.
- 2 + 1 x 54 electric self-tailing secondary winches; additional 54 winches – serves as spare and kedge anchor winch.
- 2 x 48 mast mounted manual, two speed self-tailing winches.
- All tops in stainless steel upgrade.
- Twin headsails (Solent Jib), which offers perfect versatility for world cruising routes.
- Genoa Kemp Dacron (new 2014).
- Solent Jib (original), in Hood Vektron™ Sailcloth
- In mast vertical batten furling Kemp Main in Vektron™ Sailcloth (new 2018 season, virtually unused).
- Pulpit with teak seats for dolphin watching.
- Stern rail with teak seats for wake watching.
- Sampson post located next to windlass.
- Large sail locker (deck accessed); gas strut and automatic bilge pump and alarms and lighting.
- Two large watertight lazarette lockers on rear deck fitted with automatic bilge pumps with alarms at helm pedestal and lighting.
- Deep locker on side deck.
- Second locker for gas holds 2 x 6Kg cylinders or 3 smaller cylinders, gas content gauge, solenoid (new 2018).
- Transom locker for snorkelling equipment.
- Stunning Italian flush Solimar/teak edged hatches on fore and aft deck, Selden hatches elsewhere.
- Sturdy bathing ladder on transom or can be moved to mid-beam positions in marinas.
- Winch handles & bilge pump handle.
- Ensign staff.
- Lockable deck locker catches, built in shelf to Stbd. lazarette
- Deck fitted BBQ aft and deck gas pipe fitting - Port side easy mounted BBQ.
- Sovereign SSteel 316 Alpha removable BBQ and canvas bags
- Passerelle socket mounted to step 30mm dia.
- Passerelle teak and aluminium 3 part folding with handrail in easy lift canvas bag
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Upgraded 55Kg Spade, modified stemhead to self-launch (Spade is the most excellent setting anchor)
- Added 100m of all chain attached with WASI ball; new chain 2018 season and marked at 10m intervals, connected to anchor with WASI ball swivel.
- Substantial twin rollers. Anchor chain stop.
- Lewmar upgraded V5 electric anchor windlass (motor replaced 2017), chain counter (new 2018 season) and remote control.
- Added capstan to windlass (useful for lazy line mooring)
- Deep partitioned locker allows chain to stack neatly, chain and locker anchor jet wash.
- 8 x mooring cleats set into the bulwarks with anti-chafe rails as appropriate.
- 2 x Additional stern cleats (useful for stern to mooring).
- 5 x long deflatable fenders for easy storage and 2 x conventional fenders.
- 4 x mooring warps.
- Fortress FX55 kedge anchor securely mounted to stern starboard. Stern roller option. 10m chain 50m octoplait.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Sprayhood in beige opening central window for excellent breeze at anchor and vision when manoeuvring.
- Bimini top in beige; attaches to sprayhood.
- Bimini side extensions to rail for sun/rain protection.
- Bimini rear mesh extension for sun/rain protection.
- Pedestal and wheel cover in beige.
- Cockpit table cover in beige.
- Dinghy cover in beige.
- Fitted cockpit cushions (new 2018 season).
Tender & Outboard:
- Cooney Simpson Electric Davits (150kg load) and belly bands etc.
- Avon 3.15R rib (light grey) with half cover beige protection canvas and seat and full cover
- Beach lifting wheels to the rear (retractable).
- 22L fuel tank.
- 15Hp F15CE Yamaha 4 stroke (serviced annually).
- Launch system for dinghy (saves sugar scoop damage).
- Yacht fully upgraded to MCA compliance.
- Guard rails with higher than standard stanchions for added safety around deck (715mm / 28”).
- Grab handles run along deck saloon roof.
- 3 x U-bolts are fitted in cockpit for safety harness attachments.
- Strong webbing jackstays for safety.
- Ocean Safety 6c ISO 9650 man life raft (new 2016) mounted on pushpit – automatic launch.
- Off shore flare pack dates to 2018
- Emergency tiller.
- 2 x smoke alarms (Engine room and Saloon) Carbon Monoxide alarm and Gas alarm in Galley.
- 2 x Horseshoe life rings (new 2018 season) and inflatable danbouy.
- Alarm system - Dolphin Sea Sure system - tracks usefully mains Power loss, flood bilge, fire alarm and sends text mail via Hidden Tracker system via Marine Track satellite link.
- Avon tender cleaned, removed and shrink wrapped (2018) photos available.
- Upgraded to MCA compliance.
- 2 x Automatic fire extinguisher system in engine room. (not in date)
- 5 x 1Kg solid state fire extinguishers fitted in rooms and one additional in cockpit. (not in date)
- Fire blanket in galley.
- Dolphin smoke/fire detectors to alarm system.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.