|Locatie||La Spezia, Italië|
|Lengte over alles||12 m|
|Lengte bij waterlijn||9.98 m|
|Max diepgang||2.18 m|
|Min. diepgang||2.18 m|
|Motor merk||Volvo Penta|
|Aandrijving typ||directe aandrijving|
|Ontwerper||Judel / Vrolijk & Co|
|Brandstoftanks||120 Liters (Roestvrij staal)|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||200 Liters (Roestvrij staal)|
Well maintained Judel / Vrolijk & Co designed Baltic 40 from 1992. Recently repainted hull. An iconic pocket Baltic and arguably one of the prettiest designs of all. A fantastic way into modern Baltic ownership without breaking the bank.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
HAPPY TOO is hull nr. 12 of 21 Baltic 40’s launched between 1988 and 1999, making the design one of the longest and most successful production boat from Baltic Yachts. HAPPY TOO has benefitted from the same owner since 1998 and boasts many highlights, including:
- Owner’s aft stateroom layout with centreline double berth
- Blue hull – repainted 2021
- Mast and boom white painted Awlgrip – repainted 2020
- Teak laid decks
- Rod standing rigging – replaced 2020
- Led navigation lights
- Recently replaced batteries
- Membrane sails – replaced 2019/20
- B&G analogic instruments
- Recent Garmin GPS chart plotter
- Tender and outboard
BALTIC YACHTS’ COMMENT:
The Baltic 40, cooperation with Naval Architect Judel/Vrolijk, was a smaller size follow up of the successful Baltic 43. The basic difference between these yachts lay in the fact that the racing rules were not as strict as earlier at this time. We started to see hulls with wider sterns and a few other shape differences giving the designs slightly different characteristics.
“We bought the boat in 1998 in Mallorca and after one year left for Italy. Since then we made cruises every year to the Cote d’Azur, Corsica, Sardinia and mainland Spain.
We never participated in regattas. The sail wardrobe is perfect for the Mediterranean, we used the heavy weather jib only once. The boat never gave us an unsecure feeling.
Unfortunately I have to give up sailing due to age reasons.
The new owner should be sure that he wants a classic boat with less space than the current boats. But therefore the boat sails beautifully and has a wonderful woodwork inside.”
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Conformity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
- FRP sandwich construction to the highest specification, using unidirectional rovings and high grade resin to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- End Grain Balsa is used as core material in the sandwich laminate. This in combination with a specially developed unidirectional roving creates a very rigid, strong and light construction.
- A high grade resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
- The combination of sandwich construction, unidirectional fibres and hybrid epoxy resin will make the yacht lighter and last longer. The lighter the yacht is, the more ballast it can carry for a given displacement. Thanks to this, the performance will be better and the yacht will be safer and easier to handle.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with a build up of unidirectional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of a unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density PVC foam core. There are limber holes in floors to allow drainage to sump.
- Main structural bulkheads are built up of marine plywood. Visible surfaces are teak faced.
- Stainless steel through bolted to longitudinal or transverse bulkheads, which are securely bonded to the hull and deck. Plates are provided with backing plates to spread loads adequately. Chain plates are grounded to a keel bolt for lightning protection.
- Incorporated in hull, built up of ud-roving and fabmat around a PVC foam core. Special care is taken to ensure a rigid foundation and correct bonding.
- Fabricated aluminium alloy mast step bolted to re-inforced floors and stringers.
- Deep keel bilge. Access provided as practical to the bilge. There are limber holes in the floor frames to allow drainage to the sump.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded Fiberglas with Divinycell foam core for stiffening and insulation and a high density core re-inforcement incorporated in the mounting areas of winches and fittings.
- The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving.
- The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Teak decks including cockpit and coamings
- Toerail to steal painted black. T-track recessed on top of toerail, aft of mast, for multi-purpose sheet take-off points. Stainless steel stanchion bases with strong eyes for sheet take-off points.
- A pulpit and pushpit of best quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom. Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions.
- The life lines are of stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- The height of pulpits, stanchions, spacing distance etc. conform to O.R.C. requirements.
- Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided. Best quality marine standard hardware and fastenings used throughout.
- Liferaft stowage provided in aft cockpit locker.
Keel & Rudder:
- External fin keel, cast to high accuracy, in lead with added antimony.
- New, bulb-type, keel shape developed, based on extensive tank testing and practical tests on one-off racing yachts. Keel performance is optimised.
- The lower center of gravity gives higher stability with added speed and power but also makes the boat easier to handle. Lower center of gravity also increases the boats resistance against knock downs hence making the boat safer and adds seaworthiness.
- The keel is through bolted to the hull by cast-in stainless steel keel bolts
- The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from Fiberglas and filled with PVC-foam. Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
- The rudder stock is made of high strength, S-glass - Epoxy construction using "Vacu-Press" manufacturing system. The rudder stock is is tapered and dimensioned to the corresponding bending moments in order to minimise weight. The rudder stock passes through self aligning roller bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta 2003 T diesel engine producing 43hp
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
- Engine serviced 2021 – turbine serviced
- Engine hours unknown
Propulsion & Steering:
- Folding propeller
- The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329 The outboard end is supported with a stainless steel IOR-type shaft strut including rubber bearings. The stuffing box has a hose connection to the stern tube.
- The steering is provided by a light weight "destroyer type" wheel The wheel is made of stainless steel, welded and polished construction. Baltic custom made pedestal.
- The steerer has sprockets and non magnetic chains leading to steering cables. The steering cables are stainless steel wire and the cable sheaves have a score diameter of not less than 20 times the wire diameter.
- The steering sheaves are mounted on brackets securely bonded to the structure.
- One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
- 12vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power
- 1x 80Ah 12vDC engine start battery - 2020
- 3x 100Ah 12vDC service batteries - 2019
- Battery charger
- 120Ah Engine-mounted alternator
- Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- The hot freshwater circuit is led into a well insulated hot water tank, heated by engine or 230v AC immersion heater element.
- Deck shower
- 2x manual bilge pumps
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
- Tanks are pressure tested.
- Tank shut-offs provided.
- A waterseparator is installed on the fuel line.
- The fuel tank has a single deck fill
- The fresh water tank has a single deck fill. T
- The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
- 120 litre fuel capacity in 1x tank
- 200 litre fresh water capacity in 2x tanks (120+80)
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Garmin chart plotter at the steering wheel – 2020
- 6x B&G H2000 display on the companionway
- Rayethon Navicenter – at the chart table
- Maganvox MX 100 GPs Navigator – at the chart table
- B&H H2 multi diplay at the chart table
- Recently replaced Raymarine autopilot
- Raymarine VHF at the chart table
- Portable VHF – 2017
- Double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water
- Fresh and sea water foot pumps
- Stainless steel 3-burner ALPES propane stove with oven
- Stainless steel refrigerator with 220Vdc compressor
- Refrigerator with 12V/DC compressor
- 1x Baby Blake manual marine heads converted to Jasbco technics- 2005
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
- Stereo with 4xspeakers – out of order
Summary of Accommodation:
- Forward cabin with V-berth, storage underneath, countertop.
- Next aft is the salon with centerline drop leaf dining table, U- shaped settee to port, U-shaped settee to starboard, cabinets and shelves outboard above backrests
- Next aft to port is the U-shaped walk through galley
- Oposite the galley is the nav. Station
- The head with shower is located on starboard side aft of the nav station
- Aft cabin on port with queen sized double berth, hanging locker and seat.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard.
- All joinery is teakfaced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping.
- The joinery is varnished throughout.
- Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops.
- Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Canvas leecloths provided for berths in owner's stateroom and guest cabins.
- Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights, quality and colour for curtains according to samples.
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer.
- Access to bilge provided where practical.
- Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
- Proctor keel-stepped mast – repainted white Awlgrip - 2020
- 3-spreaders – serviced 2020
- Discontinuos rod nitronix standing rigging – 2020
- Navtec hydraulic backstay
- Aluminium boom
- Genoa furler
- Spinlock rope clutches
- Spinnaker pole
- Stainless steel foldable bowsprit
- Lewmar winch package
- 2x 54AST 2-speed self-tailing primary winches
- 2x 48AST 2-speed self-tailing secondary winches
- 3x 40AST 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet and control line winches
- 2x 43CST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winches
- 1x 40CST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winch
- Sail Design membrane furling genoa – 2019
- Sail Design membrane full batten mainsail – 2020
- Hood Gennaker with snuffer – 2018
- Symmetric spinnaker
- Genoa light – 1993
- Double stainless lifelines.
- Bathing ladder
- Recently replaced cockpit cushions
Covers & Canvas:
- Beige sprayhood - 2020
- Beige awning
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 1,000w windlass
- 15kg Bruce anchor
- 40m stainless steel anchor chain – recently replaced
Outboard and engine:
- Zodiac dinghy
- Honda 2,3hp 4 stroke outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Rescue ring with floating line
- Rescue self-inflating buoy
- Self-inflating grab bag liferaft - serviceable
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.