|Locatie||Nantucket, Massachusetts, Verenigde Staten|
|Lengte over alles||13.46 m|
|Lengte bij waterlijn||9.53 m|
|Max diepgang||2.13 m|
|Verdrijving (Halve lading)||24000 pond|
|Totaal zeilopervlak||818 ft²|
|Aandrijving typ||directe aandrijving|
|Ontwerper||McCurdy & Rhodes|
|Bouwer||Henry R Hinckley Company|
|Brandstoftanks||100 gelling (Aluminium)|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||200 gelling (Roestvrij staal)|
|Afvalwatertanks||15 gelling (Aluminium)|
HELIANTHUS is a very well maintained classic Hinckley SW 42 sloop. She was built (launched in 1986) with performance in mind with a fixed fin keel (draft 7') and reverse transom. She is easily handled with her Stoway mast and roller furling headsail. Always serviced and stored indoors at Hinckley and more recently Lyman-Morse Service. Many improvements have been made over the years, including new standing and running rigging, AIS, new Yanmar engine in 2011 (792 hrs), new Sea Frost 12v Marine refrigeration (2016), new red Awl grip paint (2019) and more. Currently in the water (Nantucket) and available for viewings by appointment.
HELIANTHUS (formally BODY HEAT) is a hand laid fiberglass boat with a cored hull (Airex). All high load/stress areas have been de-cored and are reinforced with several additional layers of fiberglass matt. The 6" hull/deck flange is glued and bolted in place.
Unlike other SW 42 models, HELIANTHUS has a reverse (racing) transom (making her 44' long) and deep fixed fin keel (7' draft.) with spade rudder. Her topsides are protected by rub rails (awlgripped to match hull) and topped with quarter-round stainless steel.
Her hull was recently re-painted (Awl grip) vivid red in 2020. Her deck and cabin sides are Oyster White gelcoat with molded in "Cloud Grey" non-skid. Her signature gold leaf cove stripe, double white boot top and red bottom paint complete the attractive performance look.
Like most SW models, a highly polished stainless steel stem iron adorns her bow and integrates the open chocks and anchor bow roller. A custom stainless steel bow pulpit houses the running lights and transitions to double lifelines to the mid-ship boarding gates and then to the custom stainless steel stern pushpit. The center of the stern pushpit can be opened for med-mooring and includes a custom stainless folding swim ladder with teak treads. Custom stainless steel stanchions are fitted with double lifelines from bow to stern. Custom stainless midship chocks are fitted in the high gloss varnished teak toe rails, and her cabin top provides varnished teak handrails and an attractive varnished teak eyebrow.
There are 4 opening overhead hatches along with the sliding companionway hatch and all are built with translucent acrylic for additional light. (4) Chrome plated Dorade vents are mounted on teak boxes and provide additional airflow below.
Two stainless steel genoa tracks are mounted to teak tow rail along with a second set of genoa tracks mounted inboard to the deck. Two flush-mounted deck prisms bring more light to her interior; one forward and one over the Nav station. Other on-deck features include:
- Custom ventilator in forward cabin hatch acrylic top
- 12 v outlet for spotlight in Dorade box
- Custom aft lazzarette hatch for lines, fenders and more.
- Aft deck shower with hot/cold mixing valve.
SAILS & RIGGING
HELIANTHUS is equipped with an electric Stoway in-mast furling system. Her mast is aluminum and painted Oyster White and topped with clear Awlgrip. The stoway system is fitted with a manual override/back-up. She is very well laid out for short-handed sailing. Unfurling/furling the main and jib can easily be done from the cockpit.
- Double Spreader rig (Aluminum and tapered)
- Harken II roller furling headstay
- Harken mainsheet and outhaul swivel blocks with Harken traveler on cabintop
- Spinnaker pole mounted on front of mast track w/extra long halyard
- Flag halyards on both port and stbd spreaders
- Varnished Teak shroud covers/rollers
- Doyle mainsail - Stoway 9oz Dacron w/tuff seam
- North 135% working genoa 7oz Dacron w/leech and foot lines & UV panels
- ULMER 100% jib LP, full hoist, roller furling/reefing, heavy air 9 oz sail
- (2) #32 ST primaries - Barient
- (2) #28 ST secondaries - Barient
- (2) #24 on mast for halyards - Barient
- Winch handles and canvas winch weather covers
HELIANTHUS has a large T-shaped cockpit well suited for shorthanded sailing or for times with a large crew. Other features include:
- Varnished teak cockpit combing cap
- Removable Teak cockpit grate with drainage scuppers
- Cockpit combing includes (4) winch pockets/cubbies trimmed with stainless steel
- Cockpit sail locker to port (very deep)
- Cockpit storage lockers behind helm (one for propane)
- Aft deck custom storage locker for large items like life raft, dinghy and outboard
- Companionway is trimmed in varnished teak and includes acrylic sliding top, teak drop boards and screens.
- Cabin top winches under dodger
- B&G Instruments to starboard of companionway on aft side of cabin
- Stoway mainsail toggle switch to port of companionway
- Engine tach and instruments mounted low and to port of helm
- Cockpit sub-panel to port and outboard of helm for misc deck/running lights
- Cockpit 3-bow dodger with large windows and custom stainless steel grab rails covered in Elkhide.
- Cockpit awning - Full awning from main mast to backstay
- Cockpit cushions
- Jensen waterproof cockpit speakers
- Varnished teak mug/cup holder on helm pedestal
- Custom folding cockpit table mounted to helm pedestal w/folding leafs
- Flush boom light over cockpit table
- 12v outlet mounted in forward stbd cockpit cabin back
- Edson stainless steel pedestal with 44" destroyer-type steering wheel covered in Elkhide
- Stainless steel gear shift and throttle mounted on pedestal
- Large binnacle-mounted Compass
- Sunbrella Helm cover
- Raymarine Autopilot control head to stbd of helm in plexi-covered panel/box
- Yanmar engine start/stop panel with gauges including tach, engine hours, temperature, amp and oil pressure to port of helm.
INTERIOR LAYOUT AND DETAILS
Access to the interior is via the teak trimmed centerline companionway and 4-step custom mahogany ladder that can be removed for engine access. The interior is finished in Herreshoff-style Antique White panels and high gloss-varnished mahogany trim. Additional details include:
- Interior overhead is Antique White with varnished mahogany trim
- Traditional high gloss varnished teak and holly cabin sole w/integral grate dust pan
- Formica countertops
- High gloss varnished mahogany louvered doors throughout
- Large u-shaped dining area/settee with varnished mahogany table to port
- Frigast 12v reading lights - bulkhead mounted as well as dome lighting throughout
- 12v outlets and 110v outlets
- (2) glass deck prisms (forward and over Nav table)
- The u-shaped galley is to port of the companionway, while the Nav station/desk is to starboard. Unlike most 42' sailboats, HELIANTHUS has tremendous access to her engine via a large mahogany louvered door just inboard and aft of the Nav table. This machinery/work space is well insulated and provides generous storage for spare parts, tools and access to equipment. An opening port light in the cockpit footwell provides natural lighting and air flow. Additional overhead lights are mounted above the engine and in the workspace. A small wet locker perfect for rain gear is just aft of the engine room door. All main breaker switches are bulkhead-mounted inside the door.
- The aft facing Nav station/desk is very well equipped with necessary electronics (plotter, speed, wind, depth, VHF, breaker panel, main engine secondary start/stop station etc) A naugahyde-covered swivel helm seat doubles as additional seating when spending time in port.
- The u-shaped galley is equipped with a gimballed two-burner propane stove, microwave oven, reefer and freezer, dry locker for pots and pans and generous storage behind varnished mahogany louvered sliding doors. New LED displays/control & show temperature of the reefer and freezer boxes. Additional galley storage (dishes/mugs/gasses) is found behind more sliders aft of the companionway ladder. A tip-out trash bin and more storage is under the double stainless steel sink with single-lever control fixture and manual hand fixtures in countertop. Custom built-in countertop knife rack and paper towel holder included. Custom hinged/tip-up cutting board mounted inboard of the sink.
- The custom large dining settee in the main salon can seat 4-6. This area also doubles as additional sleeping space (hi/lo table); along with the seating to starboard of the dining table. More louvered lockers and storage outboard of the dining settee and forward of the Nav table. Integral varnished mahogany hand holds are full-length port and stbd below the cabinside port lights.
- The master cabin is located forward and includes a full head with unique large separate stall shower and seat. The cabin door was cleverly designed to enclose the cabin from the main salon or swing forward and double as a dedicated head/shower door. The master bunk comfortably sleeps two with v-berth filler in place. Access to the anchor locker is forward of the berth. 2 large mahogany louvered doors enclose the cabin's over-sized hanging locker to starboard of the head.
- Sylvania 9" TV/DVD/MP3/CD player with digital Dolby
- Sony CDX 35-watt CD player
- (4) Speakers, two in main salon and two in cockpit
- FM/TV antenna with booster at masthead
ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
- Raymarine Autopilot
- (2) Raymarine RL70 GPS Plotter (at Pedestal and Nav table) w/WAAS antenna
- Raymarine Radar (2006)
- Raymarine Ray-215 DSC VHF Radio
- B&G Homer 5 RDF w/Heron Compass
- B&G cockpit displays: speed, depth and wind
- Stand-alone AIS at pedestal below plotter (2016)
- Repeaters for much of the instruments at Nav station
- 100-amp/hr starting battery charged by 65-amp starting alternator from engine
- 450-amp/hr house batteries charged by 105-amp lighting alternator from engine
- Inverter/Battery charger
- (2) 110-volt AC outlets - one in Galley and one in forward cabin
- 12v & 110v Breaker panel at Nav Station
- 2011 Yanmar Diesel 4JH5E 46HP (792 hrs)
- 100 gallons fuel
- 200 gallons water in two primary tanks and 3rd (spare)
- Stainless steel Allcraft Hot water tank capacity 12 gallons
- 2:1 reduction gear transmission
- Aquamet 1" 1/4 stainless shaft
- 3-blade Max prop (feathering)
- Dual Racor fuel/water separator
- Oil transfer pump (suction & return)
- Fresh & Saltwater deckwash pumps
- Alarms: Oil pressure, engine temperature
- Manual bilge pump
- 45# CQR Plow anchor on custom Hinckley SS bow roller
- Nilsson V-1000C electric windlass
- 20# HT Danforth secondary anchor (in sail locker)
- 175' anchor chain and 200' nylon rode on primary CQR plow anchor
- Teak seats (port & stbd) on stern pushpit
- Varnished teak cap shroud rollers
- Masthead flag halyard
- Teak ensign pole, flag and stern-mounted socket
- Docklines and fenders
- Life Jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- Nav lights (lower and upper with strobe)
- Guest 12v spotlight w/plug in fwd Dorade box
- Boat Hook
- Custom Outboard motor bracket mounted on pushpit
- Custom sunbrella covers for dorade boxes, winches, aft stern locker, and teak cabin-top handrails
- Flare kit
- MOB Pole
- Life Sling
- Lensref Radar reflector (on mast)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.