|Model||45.5 Center Cockpit|
|Locatie||Oriental, North Carolina, Verenigde Staten|
|Lengte over alles||13.84 m|
|Lengte bij waterlijn||11.91 m|
|Max diepgang||3.35 m|
|Min. diepgang||1.45 m|
|Max. doorvaarhoogte||18.29 m|
|Motor merk||Beta Marine|
|Motor model||Beta 50|
|Brandstoftanks||150 gelling (Roestvrij staal)|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||100 gelling (Roestvrij staal)|
|Afvalwatertanks||20 gelling (Plastic)|
This 1983 model year Bristol 45.5 is an excellent example of Ted Hood's master design. With her under 5' of draft with the board up, all the Bahamas are open to explore. Her 11 feet of draft with the board down powers her up wind like a freight train. As AINIA she completed a circumnavigation under the ownership of Bruce and June Clark. You can read the particulars of their trip and an assessment of the vessel in Bruce's blog. Simply Google Bruce Clark AINIA and it should appear. The Clarks found her to be fast, seaworthy, and exceptionally well built. Having just completed an 8 month and $40,000 refit she is turnkey and ready to take you anywhere you desire. (A detailed list of her new equipment, gear and renovations are listed separately in the last section of this listing.)
Starting in the foremost bow section is a ground tackle locker, split fore and aft with the starboard area for chain and rode stowage and the port side for anchor storage. Also found in this area are life jackets and assorted spares.
Coming after there are two teak doors with full slats for ventilation which separate the ground tackle locker from the forward sleeping cabin. There is a large Lewmar hatch on the centerline which provides excellent ventilation and is covered by a dark blue Sunbrella cover to minimize both heat and to prevent damage to the varnished interior.
On both sides of the cabin there are singular opening ports, for additional ventilation. Immediately below the house sides, on each side, there are four lockers with cane faces on sliders.
The V-berth is quite large on each side and is easily made into a double with the insertion of the teak filler piece and the upholstered cushion. When not in use the cushion is stowed, and the teak board is stowed in a slot in the overhead, thereby creating a small seat.
Finishing out the forecabin are hanging lockers on each side above 3 drawer chest of draws, and a lower hinged faced locker. Counter tops on each side are above the drawers.
Lighting in this cabin is achieved using two LED striplights and two swivel cabin lights. There is a single multi-speed Hella fan.
Coming aft on the portside is a solid teak door leading to the forward head .Immediately aft on the center line is a similar door leading to the salon.
Located on the portside is a wet head which has been totally remodeled in 2022.The remodeled included new tile countertops, new shower/faucet combination unit, new sink, new plumbing, new Wilcock Skipper II toilet with new plumbing, new LED lighting, teak racks, and Hella multi-speed fan. There are two large storage lockers, plus additional storage under the sink cabinet. In addition to the single opening port, there is a teak shower grate emptying into a self-contained sump with an automatic pump. All surfaces have been freshly painted or varnished.
The salon is quite large and open. Entering from the forward cabin the head is on the immediate port side. Across on the starboard side is a locker which houses the ice maker above a medium sized counter .Below it are two large drawers and a storage locker with full slatted teak doors.
Coming aft on the starboard side, in the house sides are 3 fixed port lights which flood the salon with light.
Continuing on, the starboard side there are lockers and bookshelves above the settee. Behind the settee are 3 large storage lockers. Beneath the settee on the forward end is the Dometic Air Conditioner, and aft two large storage lockers. The settee pulls out to make a double if necessary. On the port side there is a similar arrangement for the port lights, handrails, and lockers.
The teak doubled wing table sits on the centerline and can be opened while seated or have the starboard wing left permanently up to form a convenient large dining/work area.
Behind the dinette are several large storage lockers, as well as under the seats. Both the dinette and settee were freshly upholstered with UltraLeather in 2022.
On the large bulkhead at the forward end of the salon is a 32" LG SmartTV/ DVD combination unit.
Numerous LED lights provide light, as do the two Lewmar hatches in the deck head. Adjacent to the aft end of the dinette is a top loading freezer, with a storage locker above.
A U-shaped galley is on the starboard side immediately outboard of the companionway ladder. It features a Dickerson 3 burner with oven and gimballed stove, a15 cubic foot refrigerator with a separate unit from the freezer, deep double sinks, a Moen pull out faucet, Toshiba 1.2 cubic foot microwave, ample counter space, numerous lockers and deep storage. There is a fully opening porthole immediately above the stove. Numerous LED lights and a Hella fan round out this very functionable galley.
Located on the portside and faces aft. It is immediately adjacent to the companionway ladder and is within voice range of the helm. A full complement of navigation aids are housed here including: Lowrance color Chart Plotter, Class AIS, Radar Screen, Richie compass, clock, Raymare Data Screen, Vhf, EPRIB, charts and pilot charts, and thermometer. The nav seat was freshly upholstered in 2022.
Across from the seated nav station is an electrical panel by Bass containing all the function switches and meters for both DC and AC systems.
Engine Room and Hall
Across from the nav station are 3 teak doors which open to totally expose the Beta diesel engine, and the Northern Lights Gen Set. Also on the forward end of the compartment is a large open door which exposes the front end of the Gen Set, and a similar door in the aft head which exposes the starboard side of the engine. There is ample LED lighting, and space to access all aspects of the engine and its related systems.
There is a short hall from the nav station to the aft sleeping cabin. The engine room is located on the center line and a series of lockers are on the portside. There is a medium size counter above one locker which serves as a handy work bench.
Aft Sleeping Cabin
Separating the hall from the aft sleeping cabin is a solid teak door. There is a reconfigured bunk which is larger than a California King and provides truly ample space for a couple to sleep together. It is designed that while in port sleeping is done across ship, but at sea lee clothes can still be used so sleeping can be done fore and aft. Under the bunk there is storage and the Espar Heater, as well as the holding tank and its plumbing.
There is a large Lewmar hatch for both ventilation and escape in the event the main exit is blocked for some reason. There is both LED strip reading styled lighting, as well as a Hella multi speed fan. There is a large hanging locker, as well as one with multiple shelves on the port side. On the starboard side in the teak door leading into the aft head.
Like the forward head it was totally redone in 2022.This included new cabinets, tile counter tops, shower mixer and wand, Raritan Sea Era electric toilet and its plumbing, sump pump and switch, teak racks and other hardware. All surfaces were freshly painted or varnished. New LED lighting and a Hella fan. There is an opening port right above the toilet which keeps the area fresh. There are two large storage lockers as well as several smaller ones and drawers. The stall shower is totally separate from the head and its use does not affect the rest of the room.
- Furuno First Watch Radar(2022)
- Furuno 1850 Chart Plotter @ helm(2022)
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF w/ GPS at helm(2022)
- Standard Horizon VHF @ Nav station w/ antenna mount for backstay
- Ritchie compass
- Raymarine depth sounder
- Raymarine knotmeter
- Raymarine ST60 windspeed
- Global Fix Pro EPRIB
- Chart light & Fan at Nav station(2022)
- All Nav station lighting replaced with LED(2022)
- EM Trak A100 Class A AIS(MIS number not secured)(2022)
Electrical and Mechanical
- Beta Marine 50 hp diesel repowered in 2019
- Racor 500 fuel filter and oil change system with manual pump
- New transmission, PSS dripless drive shaft, cutlass bearing, and motor mounts.
- Northern Lights 5kw generator with 850 hours
- AirBreeze wind generator - stern mount
- Renogy Solar panel 175 watts(2022) semi flexible w/ Victron MPPT75 charge controller -- located above dodger
- 12 volt DC / 120 volt AC electrical system
- GE transformer converts 120V to 240V
- Analog volt meter / battery monitor
- Lifeline 4D AGM batteries(4) serving as house bank
- Dedicated start battery Group 27 w/ Blue Sea isolator / upgraded all battery cables and fittings / dedicated engine start battery charger
- Xantrex 40 amp charger
- Xantrex inverter
- 70 amp alternator
- 30 amp dockside cables
- Additional 240 volt dockside plug
- Jabsco main bilge pump
- 1500 gal/hr bilge pump with auto switch
- Rule secondary bilge pump with alarm
- Rule shower sump pump - automatic
- High volume manual bilge pump
- 5 amp bilge blower
- Engine alarm
- Six hella fans
- Fixed 3 blade bronze prop
- Spare prop
Sails and Rigging
- Hood mast w/ electrical powered in mast furling
- Hood boom w/ Seldon boom vang
- Schaeffer jib roller furling
- Merriman centerboard winch w/ new cable
- Lewmar 65ST primary self tailing winches
- Lewmar 55St secondary
- Lewmar 48 boom winch
- Lewmar 44 mainsheet / jib winch
- Whisker Pole
- New Topping lift & hardware (2022)
- New mainsheet (2022)
- Doyle mainsail (2016)
- Doyle 135% genoa (2016)
- Storm jib hank on inner stay
- Standing rigging, including turnbuckles, wire, and fittings(2019)
- Main halyard & genoa sheets(2020)
- Blue dodger, bimini, & mainsail cover canvas (2016)
- New 2021 Zodiac 8'10" dinghy with ribbed bottom & 2002 Yamaha 6hp OB
- New Dorade vents(2022)
- New dock lines w/ anti chafing canvas sleeves(2022)
- New teak cockpit table w/ drink holder(2022)
- Quick windlass w/ separate chain locker & additional chain and rode
- 66# Manson Supreme anchor w/ 200' chain
- Six person Viking life raft in canister
- Starboard side swim ladder
- Short safety ladder at stern
- Nine opening ports
- Four opening hatches w/ canvas covers
- Fresh / salt water washdowns
- Four large fenders / four extra-large fenders
- One boat hook
- New dock step
- All exterior varnish stripped to raw teak, prepped, 7 coats of Epifanes Marine Varnish applied with flat sanding between coats.
- Two coats of Awlgrip Clear Coat applied
- All deck areas were prepped, faired, and coated with light gray Total Boat's No-skid paint.
- Cabin sole throughout was stripped, sanded, sealed with West System and then coated with 7 coats of Interflux varnish.
- House was compounded and waxed.
Recent Upgrades List
2019-2020 (Reported by previous owner)
- Beta 50hp engine, transmission, drive shaft, bearing and motor mounts
- All standing rigging, including turn buckles, wire and fittings
- Steering and center board cables
- Halyards and genoa sheets
- Holding tank and associated plumbing fixtures
- Forward water tank
- Exterior canvas
2022 (Done by current owner)
- LED lighting and fan throughout
- Wilcock Skipper II head and associated plumbing in forward head
- Faucet and shower combo for forward head
- Remodeled forward head vanity with new tile counter top and S/S sink
- Flat screen TV and DVD player in salon
- Marine grade CD player with Blaupunkt amp and Klipsch speakers
- UltraLeather upholstery for salon dinette and settee
- Ice maker
- Oriental rugs in salon and aft cabin
- Dickinson Mediterranean 3 burner propane stove with oven
- Moen faucet and associated plumbing
- 1.2 cubic foot Toshiba MicroWave
- Teak racks
- Controller and wiring for CoolBlue refrigerator
- Dish set and flatware for four
- Nav station seat recovered
- Furuno First Watch radar at nav station
- Lowrance color chart plotter at nav station
- E-M A AIS (MIS # not secured)
- Standard Horizon VHF with GPS
- Nav station chart light
- 4" high density custom foam mattress and cover in aft cabin
- S/S sink with new faucet and associated plumbing
- Shower mixing faucet and wand
- Teak racks
- Starting Battery with Blue Sea Isolator and associated cables and fittings
- Upgraded all battery cables and fittings
- 1500g/hr bilge pump with auto switch
- Deadicated engine start battery charger
- Topping lift and hardware
- Dock lines
- Dorade vents
- Dock step
- 175w solar panel
- LED nav lights
- Max prop to be installed at haul out
- Hatch covers
- 16,000 BTU Dometic air conditioner
- Teak cockpit table and drink holder
- Standard Horizon VHF at helm
- Furuno color chart plotter at helm
- VHF antenna mount for backstay
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.