|Model||EX NZ NAVY VESSEL|
|Locatie||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Lengte over alles||26.82 m|
|Max diepgang||2.39 m|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||1850 gelling|
Tarapunga was originally built for the New Zealand navy, however in 2005 with an incredible vision, one family transformed the work nature of this vessel into a proper cruising yacht. Whether you want to jaunt up and down the coast or cruise the world, Tarapunga is ready to go! The current owners have lovingly looked after this yacht for 18 years and are ready for a new adventure.
This ex-Navy vessel has 8 watertight compartments with Class A doors. Hull up to main deck is Lloyd's grade A 5mm thickness. Aluminum superstructure is welded to the steel hull by DuPont Deta-Couple.
Upgrades and features since 2005
- 5 staterooms and 3 heads
- Hydraulic bow thruster
- Key Power hydraulic active fin stabilizers
- Onan 22kw Generator with 2500 hours and sound shield. Virtually silent operation
- HIAB aft deck crane with 30ft reach
- LED lighting in most common areas
- Webasto diesel fired hot water heating in all accommodation and common areas. 11 outlets.
- 2x Victron 3000w inverters
- Custom extended aft deck with full enclosure
- Custom enlarged salon windows by diamond sea glaze windows
- Separate washer/dryer in accommodation space
- Coffee table in main salon, easily converted to a large dining table for 8
Prior to all the major refit work and stabilizers Tarapunga successfully left New Zealand and made way to Vancouver BC. She stopped at some of the most remote islands in the world and now as a robust cruising yacht, she is ready to go again!
A special note about Tarapunga, she has enjoyed over the years many film and TV show appearances, creating great income for the current owners and for future owners. With the large open deck spaces and the HIAB crane, it makes an excellent film platform. Of course, charter use and other income sources could be an option.
General lay up of Tarapunga
Tarapunga has 5 unique staterooms, excellent pilothouse with pilot berth and a great open salon and galley space. The machinery space is well organized and easy to get around.
There are two main Cummins engines, two Generators for power the ship while underway (one at a time) and are used to power the hydraulics for the thruster and stabilizers. There is third at rest Onan Generator that is virtually silent for charging up and running the ships systems while on anchor.
There is a custom enclosed aft deck that features an expanding teak dining table and chairs, seats 8, along with a recently replaced HIAB for unloading tenders and toys or loading the boat with supplies. The working deck space is incredible. A very unique feature is a drop down aft stairwell that makes it easy to load on and off kayaks or tenders.
Sleeps 10 in 5 hand crafted staterooms with 3 heads
- Master suite with full ensuite incl. shower
- 2 double cabins
- 2 person bunk cabin
- 1 single forward main salon level berth (ex-Navy captains quarters)
- 1 watch keeping berth in bridge
- main salon has a convenient head
Galley #1 at main salon level is well outfitted with a
- Moffat Turbofan convection oven
- 4 burner AEG cooktop
- double Fisher Paykel dishwasher drawers
- Broan hood fan, microwave
- Kindred granite sink c/w spray faucet
- Filtered fresh water system
- 2 Nova Kool fridge /freezer combo's.
Galley #2 at lower accommodation level (old Navy galley)
- 1 Nova Kool all freezer unit
- 1 Nova Kool all fridge unit
- Electric 4 burner cooktop
- Stainless steel counters and sink plus on demand hot water heating.
Bridge and Navigation electronics
The bridge on this vessel features excellent visibility, a pilot berth, comfortable bench seat and desk space to enjoy the captains company and feel completely in command while underway or at rest.
- Furuno NavNet VX2 chart plotter/radar, GPS.
- Airmar transducer 1kw 50hz - 200hz
- ComNav2001 autopilot c/w 101 remote
- ComNav compass linked to autopilot
- JRC 1500 MK II radar
- ICOM VHF IC-M59
- ICOM Marine transceiver MF/HF IC-M710
- EPIRB 406 GPS
- Fog horn with 60 second auto repeat.
- Large chart table with ample charts from New Zealand to Vancouver and British Columbia coast.
Main engines twin Cummins KT-1150 c/w Twin-Disc gearboxes
- Omega power control. Major overhaul completed while in Navy service. Current hrs: Stb 1721 hrs., Port 6444 hrs.
- Cruises 8 kts at 8 1/2 US gal/hr. (32 litres/hr), 9 kts at 13 US gal/hr. (50 litres/hr), includes running one generator with mains.
- Generators: - Cummins 4BT3 powers Petbow 42kva generator 5540 hrs. Onan model MDKBE provides 22kva in a sound shield 2420 hrs. Hydraulic engine: - Cummins 4BT3, (remote start from bridge), provides power to bow thruster, capstan, anchor windlass, active fin stabilizers,
- NEW Hiab 035 crane 9.3M reach (30 Ft.)
- "Key Power" ( Kobelt) hydraulic bow thruster with variable speed control.
- "Key Power" ( Kobelt) active fin hydraulic stabilizers. New hydraulic manifold, piping, solenoid, and supply tank installed at time of bow thruster and stabilizer installation.
- 240 VAC
- 110 VAC
- 24 VDC
- 2 Victron 100amp battery chargers
- 1 Victron 80amp battery charger
- 2 Victron 3000watt inverters
- 1 Xantrex 1800 watt inverter
Anchors and ground tackle
- Bow anchors deployed by heavy duty hydraulic windlass (Nilsson Engineering)
- Two bow anchors -Bruce bow anchor c/w 460 lin.ft. 3/4" chain
- -225lb Navy anchor c/w 400 lin.ft. 3/4' chain
- Stern anchor -225lb Navy anchor c/w 1000 lin.ft. of 5/8" kevlar line on a spool deployed with hydraulic capstan.
Fire fighting equipment
- Halon (BCF) in main engine room and generator/hydraulic room.
- CO2 fire suppression for both engine room spaces
- 12 portable fire extinguishers throughout vessel.
- 4 sea water fire fighting stations powered by either one of two electrically driven MONO 150 ND pumps.
- fire/ smoke detection and alarm system in engine room spaces signaled to the bridge.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Canadian vessels are for sale while located in Canada and are not for sale while located in the USA. Foreign registered vessels are not for sale while located in Canada.