|Model||Classic Motor Yacht|
|Locatie||Palm Beach, Florida, Verenigde Staten|
|Lengte over alles||18.29 m|
|Min. diepgang||1.35 m|
|Propeller typ||4 Bladen|
|Propeller typ||4 Bladen|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||380 gelling|
Amazing opportunity to own one of John Trumpy's magnificent yachts. Flying Lady has been completely restored and updated. The big advantage with this yacht is its fiberglass hull that was built over the original wood hull. This improvement made her much stronger, added new life and makes this antique yacht much easier to maintain. Other improvements added were West-Mar stabilizers and bow thruster, stern jet thruster. The electronics were all updated and built into fold away cabinets. Her crew and passengers can cruise in air condition comfort with reliable updated systems. All the interior has been redecorated and kept in traditional décor of the glory days. Flying Lady is beautifully restored and professionally maintained. Just back from the Florida Keys. Start your adventure today! She turns heads where ever it goes!
Beautiful covered aft deck area with hard weather curtains, roll up vinyl / plastic glass curtains. The sole is bright finished plank mahogany. Trumpy custom furniture. Designer matched carpet and fabrics. New, huge color flat screen TV that folds away to overhead when not in use. Through the aft salon access doors is a huge climate controlled salon with plenty of windows to view the beautiful scenery. In the salon are beautiful furnishings for comfort and entertaining. Features include custom antique writer's desk, wet bar with sink, ice maker refrigerator, flat screen TV and sound systems in cabinets. Beautifully decorated with custom wood cabinetry and wood furnishings. Designer matched carpet and fabrics for upholstery and window coverings. Forward of salon is the wheelhouse with port and starboard doors to side decks. Most striking is the beautiful bright finished mahogany cabinet work for the built in electronics. There is a comfortable helm stool and a wide leather bench seat. In the wheelhouse the captain will be most comfortable and have all the equipment to bring you to your favorite destinations. Access forward in salon to starboard are stairs down to galley, crew quarters and engine room. The galley features granite counter tops, electric cook top, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher refrigerators, freezer and other portable appliances. Crew quarters have two cozy top berths. There is a TV for entertainment, washer drier, deep freezer, hanging locker, storage cabinets and drawers. The head is forward with shower stall. Salon aft are stairs down to the full beam master stateroom with two very comfortable wide berths, hanging lockers and drawer storage. There is an in-suite head with sink and shower stall. Guest staterooms forward are two identical with the exception of the starboard has an access door to the head. Both staterooms have two twin berths with hanging lockers and drawer storage. All cabins have been updated and newly decorated and furnished. All interior living space in the of the yacht is climate controlled with seven digital thermostats. All three heads on the vessel have fresh water flush electric toilets. Her new owners will cruise in comfort with the reliable systems on the "Flying Lady".
- 50 Amp 250 volt AC electric power. (2) 50/125 volt power cords.
- Onan 21.5 kw 125/250 volt generator with 3300 hours.
- 32 and 12 volt DC electric power.
- Sentry 12-32 volt 30 amp battery charger.
- Sentry 2-32 volt 40 amp battery charger.
- Phase III 25W charger
- Charles C-power ISO boost transformer (2)
- Marine Galvanic Isolators (2)
- Electric wiring and circuits refit to ABYC standards.
- Transmissions: (2) Borg Warner Velvet Drive 2.91-1.00
- Shafts: (2) 2" stainless steel with jack shaft and dripless shaft seals.
- Propellers: (2) 26"X 22" four blade bronze. Reconditioned 2019.
- Stabilizers: (2) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Bow thruster: (1) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Stern thruster: (1) Exsoltec marine jet thruster, (new 2019).
- Fuel filters: (3) Racor with fuel pressure gauges.
- Ideal anchor windlass, 32 volt.
- (2) Garmin Chart plotter monitors with depth, speed and other display.
- Furuno 72 mile radar #FR8062.
- FLIR night vision camera.
- Engine room camera.
- Rear facing camera.
- Uniden VHF radio with command mic. (2)
- Standard Horizon Multy-Plex MD150
- AIS transponder.
- Danforth compass.
Upper deck fixtures.
- (2) fiberglass dingys with oars, cover, cradles and pipe davits.
- Trumpy smoke stack for storage inside.
- Folding flag mast.
- Trumpet horns (3).
- Radar antenna.
- GPS antennas.
- VHF antennas.
- Satellite antenna TV.
Galley / Appliances
- Granite counter tops (rose black)
- Kenyon 3 burner electric cook top (black)
- GE Profile oven
- GE Profile microwave oven
- Sub-Zero drawer style freezer
- Sub-Zero Refrigerators (2) (under counter with panel front)
- Kohler double sink with garbage disposal
- Washer Dryer (forward in crew quarters)
- Freezer (forward in crew quarters)
- Portable coffee maker / toaster
Recent upgrades and maintenance
- New, Exsoltec Marine stern jet thruster.
- New Batteries, October 2019.
- New, LG flat screen TV aft sun deck.
- New, FXll digital air conditioning controls.
- New, Arid bilge system that detects moisture in bilge.
- Air conditions serviced, one compressor replaced, plumbing replaced.
- Converted all three heads to fresh water flush and replaced all hoses.
- Bed mattresses and bedding replaced 2018.
- Starboard transmission rebuilt, replaced shaft brushes, cutlass bearings.
- New domestic water monitor system in master stateroom.
- Rebuilt and serviced hydraulic systems to include bow thruster / stabilizers.
- Serviced all seacocks and strainers replaced hoses where needed.
- Paint and varnish touch ups, and recoat, re-paint boot top touch up topsides.
- Propellers reconditioned tuned and balanced, cutlass bearings replaced, rudder hardware inspected, all underwater zincs replaced October 2019.
- Paint bottom two coats Sea Hawk blue Prop speed on rudder and propellers October 2019.
The "Flying Lady" has never looked so good. The current proud owner has loved owning and restoring this fine Trumpy. This yacht has been maintained to the highest degree, she cruises flawlessly and efficiently. The stern jet is a great improvement when docking in tight quarters. The fiberglass hull makes the hull maintenance easy. Her new owner will love this yacht as it has now been brought to a new high level of restoration.
- 1938-1950 Margaret, Mr. Trimpi's widow sold Blue Heaven to the state of New Jersey where she was re- christened Inspector. She was put to work for the department of Health. She was used to inspect the shell fish producing waters of New Jersey, Delaware Bay and New York Harbor.
- 1951-1961 Mr. James Hill purchased inspector and re-christened her back to Blue Heaven. The vessel was brought to the Trumpy yard in Annapolis Maryland where she went through a year long re-fit and re-power. She was then used to cruise from Philadelphia Pa. to Key Largo through the Intracoastal waterway. After ten years of service Blue Heaven was brought back to Trumpy and Sons in Annapolis Md. to be cleaned up and sold.
- 1961-1993 Blue Heaven was purchased by Mills B. Lane. the owner of C&S Bank of Savannah Georgia. At the Trumpy yard the vessel went through another re-fit which was said to have taken over 9700 man hours of labor at a cost of $100,000. She was then re-christened Flying Lady after the Rolls Royce hood ornament. In 1988 after many delightful years of service Mr. Mills contracted The American Boat Yard in Virginia to perform another major restoration of the entire vessel. With this restoration 90% of the vessels frames were sistered with white oak timbers. The hull then went through a custom C-Flex fiberglass plank fabrication process. This process has adding strength and renewed life to the vessels hull. Extensive interior and mechanical work was also completed with total labor hours totaling 23000 with the cost being $1,000,000.
- In 1993 C&S Bank was sold to Nations Bank with the Trumpy Flying Lady being part of the sale.
- In 1993-1998 Flying Lady was donated to The Georgia Southern University foundation. The vessel was then leased for three years to Bobby Groves she was then purchased by Bobby groves and had the honor of being the committee boat for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta Georgia.
- 1998-2005 In 1998 Richard and Donna Reiling purchased Flying Lady in Savannah Georgia. The vessel was brought to Huckins boat yard in Jacksonville Florida for another refit. Mr. Gilbert Norish was hired to draw plans to bring her back to original Trumpy design in her interior. The re-fit was completed in eleven months after 27,000. man hours at a cost over $1,000,000. She was then brought to her new home, Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook Texas. Then after much cruising and 27,000 engine hours she was then brought to Pier 66 marina in Galveston Texas. Mr. Rick Ryan was hired there to overhaul both engines and transmissions. In 2005 all interior and exterior paint and varnish was refinished making her ready for more cruising.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.