|Model||Classic fiberglass hull|
|Locatie||Palm Beach, Florida, Verenigde Staten|
|Lengte over alles||18.29 m|
|Min. diepgang||1.35 m|
|Aandrijving typ||directe aandrijving|
|Propeller typ||4 Bladen|
|Aandrijving typ||directe aandrijving|
|Propeller typ||4 Bladen|
|Zoetwater reservoirs||380 gelling|
Amazing opportunity to own one of John Trumpy's magnificent yachts. Flying Lady has been completely restored and updated. The big advantage with this yacht is its C/flex fiberglass hull that was built over the original wood hull. This improvement made her much stronger, added new life that make's this antique yacht much easier to maintain. Other improvements added were West-Mar stabilizers and bow thruster, stern jet thruster. The electronics and entertainment systems were updated and built to fold away into cabinets. Her crew and passengers can cruise in air condition comfort with reliable updated systems. All the interior has been redecorated and kept in the traditional décor of the glory days. Flying Lady has never looked so good. She has been beautifully restored and professionally maintained. This vessel is ready to go cruising, she needs nothing. Why not take your party safely away from the Covid lock down. Start your cruising adventure today!
Beautiful covered aft deck area with hard roll up vinyl / plastic glass curtains. The sole is bright finished plank mahogany. Trumpy custom furniture. Designer matched carpet and fabrics. New, huge color flat screen TV that folds away to overhead when not in use. Through the aft salon access doors is a huge climate controlled salon with plenty of windows to view the beautiful scenery. In the salon are beautiful furnishings, many of them were original custom built for comfort and entertaining. Special features include Trumpy custom antique furnishings, writer's desk, wet bar with sink and storage. Appliances include ice maker, refrigerator, flat screen TV and sound systems in cabinets. Beautifully decorated with custom wood cabinetry and wood furnishings. Designer matched carpet and fabrics for upholstery and window coverings. Forward of salon is the wheelhouse with port and starboard access doors to side decks. Most striking is the beautiful bright finished mahogany cabinet work for the built in electronics. There is a comfortable helm stool and a wide leather bench seat. In the wheelhouse the captain will be most comfortable and have all the equipment to bring you to your favorite destinations. Access forward in salon to starboard are stairs down to galley, crew quarters and engine room. The galley features granite counter tops, electric cook top, oven, microwave oven, dishwasher refrigerators, freezer and other portable appliances. The comfortable crew quarters have two cozy top berths. There is a TV for entertainment, washer drier, deep freezer, hanging locker, storage cabinets and drawers. There is a head forward with shower stall. With access from the salon aft are stairs down to the full beam master stateroom. The two very comfortable wide berths, hanging lockers and drawer storage. There is an in-suite head with sink and separate shower stall. There are two guest staterooms forward with the starboard having direct access door to the head. Both staterooms have two twin berths with hanging lockers and drawer storage. All cabins have been updated, newly decorated and furnished. All interior living space in the of the yacht is climate controlled with seven digital thermostats. All three heads on the vessel have fresh water flush electric flush. Her new proud owner's will cruise in comfort for many years with new and rebuilt reliable systems on the "Flying Lady".
- 50 Amp 250 volt AC electric power. (2) 50/125 volt power cords.
- Onan 21.5 kw 125/250 volt generator with 3300 hours.
- 32 and 12 volt DC electric power.
- Sentry 12-32 volt 30 amp battery charger.
- Sentry 2-32 volt 40 amp battery charger.
- Phase III 25W charger
- Charles C-power ISO boost transformer (2)
- Marine Galvanic Isolators (2)
- Electric wiring and circuits refit to ABYC standards.
- Transmissions: (2) Borg Warner Velvet Drive 2.91-1.00
- Shafts: (2) 2" stainless steel with jack shaft and dripless shaft seals.
- Propellers: (2) 26"X 22" four blade bronze. Reconditioned 2019.
- Stabilizers: (2) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Bow thruster: (1) West-Mar hydraulic.
- Stern thruster: (1) Exsoltec marine jet thruster, (new 2019).
- Fuel filters: (3) Racor with fuel pressure gauges.
- Ideal anchor windlass, 32 volt.
- (2) Garmin Chart plotter monitors with depth, speed and other display.
- Furuno 72 mile radar #FR8062.
- FLIR night vision camera.
- Engine room camera.
- Rear facing camera.
- Uniden VHF radio with command mic. (2)
- Standard Horizon Multi-Plex MD150
- AIS transponder.
- Danforth compass.
Upper deck fixtures.
- Two (2) fiberglass dingys in cradles, with oars, cover and pipe davits.
- Trumpy smoke stack is now free and open for storage inside.
- Folding flag mast.
- Trumpet horns (3).
- Radar antenna.
- GPS antennas.
- VHF antennas.
- Satellite antenna TV.
Galley / Appliances
- Granite counter tops (rose black)
- Kenyon 3 burner electric cook top (black)
- GE Profile oven
- GE Profile microwave oven
- Sub-Zero drawer style freezer
- Sub-Zero Refrigerators (2) (under counter with panel front)
- Kohler double sink with garbage disposal
- Washer Dryer (forward in crew quarters)
- Freezer (forward in crew quarters)
- Portable coffee maker / toaster
Recent upgrades and maintenance
- New, Exsoltec Marine stern jet thruster 2019.
- New Batteries, October 2019.
- New, LG flat screen TV aft sun deck 2019.
- New, FXll digital air conditioning controls 2019 .
- New, Arid bilge system that detects moisture in bilge 2019.
- Air conditions serviced, one compressor replaced, plumbing replaced.
- All three heads rebuilt, use fresh water flush and replaced all hoses.
- Bed mattresses and bedding replaced 2018.
- Starboard transmission rebuilt, shaft brushes & cutlass bearings 2019.
- New bilge water monitor system in master stateroom.
- Rebuilt and serviced hydraulic systems to include bow thruster / stabilizers.
- Serviced all seacocks and strainers replaced hoses where needed.
- Paint boot top touch up Awlgrip on topsides. Re-paint white decks.
- Propellers reconditioned tuned and balanced, cutlass bearings replaced, rudder hardware inspected, all underwater zincs replaced October 2019.
- Cabin house bright work completely redone in May / September 2020. It all looks spectacular!
- Bottom repainted with two coats of Sea Hawk blue. All zincs were replaced. All metals were recoated with Prop Speed. The Trumpy emblems were recoated with gold. The transom varnish and name was refinished. March 2021
The "Flying Lady" has never looked so good. The current proud owner has loved owning and restoring this fine Trumpy. This yacht has been maintained to the highest degree, there has been much attention to detail. Her pilot will feel in full control behind the helm with use of bow and stern thrusters. This antique yacht cruises flawlessly and efficiently. Fuel consumption at 8.5kt cruise is about 8 gallons per hour. The new stern jet is a great improvement. It's great when docking in tight quarters. The C-flex fiberglass hull adds strength and makes hull maintenance easy. The Majestic "Flying Lady" is turning heads every day. A new proud buyer will love this yacht as it has now been brought to a new high level of maintenance and restoration. This yacht is among the finest that will be found on the market today.
- 1937 Mr. Trimpi contracted Mathis Yacht Companyin Camden New Jersey to build a 60' Trumpy house boat, she was christened "Blue Heaven" she was delivered to Florida. Three months later 77 year old Mr. Trimpi past away.
- 1938-1950 Margaret, Mr. Trimpi's widow sold "Blue Heaven" to the state of New Jersey where she was re- christened Inspector. She was put to work for the department of Health. She was used to inspect the shell fish producing waters of New Jersey, Delaware Bay and New York Harbor.
- 1951-1961 Mr. James Hill purchased inspector and re-christened her back to Blue Heaven. The vessel was brought to the Trumpy yard in Annapolis Maryland where she went through a year long re-fit and re-power. She was then used to cruise from Philadelphia Pa. to Key Largo through the Intracoastal waterway. After ten years of service Blue Heaven was brought back to Trumpy and Sons in Annapolis Md. to be cleaned up and sold.
- 1961-1993 Blue Heaven was purchased by Mills B. Lane. the owner of C&S Bank of Savannah Georgia. At the Trumpy yard the vessel went through another re-fit which was said to have taken over 9700 man hours of labor at a cost of $100,000. She was then re-christened Flying Lady after the Rolls Royce hood ornament. In 1988 after many delightful years of service Mr. Mills contracted The American Boat Yard in Virginia to perform another major restoration of the entire vessel. With this restoration 90% of the vessels frames were sister braced with white oak timbers. The hull then went through a custom C-Flex fiberglass plank fabrication process was completed in 1988. This process has adding strength and renewed life to the vessels hull. Extensive interior and mechanical work was also completed with total labor hours totaling 23000 with the cost being $1,000,000.
- In 1993 C&S Bank was sold to Nations Bank with the Trumpy Flying Lady being part of the sale.
- In 1993-1998 Flying Lady was donated to The Georgia Southern University foundation. The vessel was then leased for three years to Bobby Groves she was then purchased by Bobby groves and had the honor of being the committee boat for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta Georgia.
- 1998-2005 In 1998 Richard and Donna Reiling purchased Flying Lady in Savannah Georgia. The vessel was brought to Huckins boat yard in Jacksonville Florida for another refit. Mr. Gilbert Norish was hired to draw plans to bring her back to original Trumpy design in her interior. The re-fit was completed in eleven months after 27,000. man hours at a cost over $1,000,000. She was then brought to her new home, Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook Texas. Then after much cruising and 27,000 engine hours she was then brought to Pier 66 marina in Galveston Texas. Mr. Rick Ryan was hired there to overhaul both engines and transmissions. In 2005 all interior and exterior paint and varnish was refinished making her ready for more cruising.
- 2006 to present. "Flying Lady" has been loved by her past and present owner kept in Palm Beach Florida mostly cruising the intercoastal waterways. Both owners have had her captain and crews maintaining and improving this yacht, bringing her to a new level of beautiful completion.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.